Monday, March 30, 2009

I got in a fight


So, I was playing basketball in a semifinal playoff game for an NYC basketball league. We were down 12 at half, then we started kicking the other teams butt, I was playing really well. So some guy grabbed my privates for a couple seconds while I was getting a rebound. I wasn't really happy w/ him. So I kneed his privates. Then beat them by 10 to go to the finals. After the game I went to shake his hand (dont shake hands w/ ball grabbers) and he punched me in the face, which turned me around, then he punched me in the face from behind. I turned around and jumped at him for some action and got held back by a few people and he ran off. So good times. Now I'm icing my jaw and have a cut lip from my braces.

Anyways, I always wondered what it would feel like to get some nice punches to the face, now I now. It wasn't so bad.

The guy that punched me in the face got a pretty sweet oop dunk off an inbound pass, and was a pretty good baller.

So I was wondering: Do I let someone get away w/ a ball grab and do nothing? or do I retaliate? Did I do wrong? What would you have done?

Even the guys on the other team were on my side.

3 comments:

John said...

Should have been there for my brother! Now you know your bros always had your back since it took you moving away from them to take one to the face. Right?

thinkHP said...

wow

todd said...

Crazy story! He's lucky you didn't open up a can on him....because he would be all messy from whatever was inside the can.