Monday, December 21, 2009

NYC cabs


I was getting a ride to school the other day in a cab and my driver cut some dude off, which is kind of what cabs do. they cut people off and ur mad, u mumble to yourself "i hate 'f'ing cabs" or something then move on... not today. this guy decided to get back at the cab by hurrying up and going around us, the only trouble was that there was a nice new Lexus in front of him that he would have seen if he wasnt looking at my cab driver. whoops. so i watched an accident happen right next to me from the back seat of my cab.

#2 getting cut off while in a cab. lucky for me, the guy that cut us off was making the same turns as where i was going, so after speeding down the road and cutting each other off for awhile, we finally came side to side with the other car (one of those unmarked taxis), where they could yell at each other w/ those indian accents which i always find amusing, and threaten to pull over somewhere and meet up for some fight. they both agreed to fight somewhere, but then drove off. empty fight promises, lame.

#3 I got off the bus, was walking to school and on my way there i see two guys in the middle of the road yelling at each other face to face, sure enough one guy was a taxi driver, the other guy was driving an suv and yup, they were indian. always amusing, I love those accents, especially when they are angry.

Im pretty sure that i would be pissed if i came to america to find a good job and ended up as an nyc cab driver as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

funny stories. are great.